Police r£scue ∆bducted Ondo FMC worker
The Ondo State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the release of Mr Ayodeji Akesinro, who was abducted by some gunmen..
Akesinro, who is a member of staff of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, was abducted at his residence in Upenme community, Owo Local Government Area of the state on Thursday evening.
Sequel to the development, the Ondo State chapter of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, which condemned the abduction, in a statement by its chairman, Mr Akinlolu Ayodeji called on the state government to deploy all necessary machineries, security agencies to ensure the release of one of its members.
In a statement issued by the Public Relations Officer of the police command, Mr Olayinka Ayanlade, the victim was rescued by the team of men of the police command and the members of vigilante group in the Upenme community, following the order of the state Commissioner of Police Mr Adebowale Lawal
The PPRO also said the victim was rescued unhurt. However no arrest had been made in connection with the crime as the hoodlums were said to have fled and abandoned the victim in the forest after gun duel with the rescue team.
He said, “The joint team, working tirelessly and in close collaboration, deployed credible intelligence and embarked on aggressive bush combing operations throughout Thursday and into Friday night. Their sustained efforts paid off when the kidnappers, confronted in a gun duel, were forced to flee, abandoning the victim.
“The victim was rescued unhurt without any ransom being paid, immediately rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, for medical attention, and has since been joyfully reunited with his family.”
According to the statement, the Commissioner of Police assures the people of the state that the command remained unwavering in its determination to rid the state of all criminal elements.
“In recent times, perpetrators of kidnappings and other violent crimes have either been arrested or neutralized, with victims rescued unharmed. This latest operation once again demonstrates the command’s resolve. We will not rest on our oars but will continue to collaborate with state and non-state actors to guarantee the safety and security of all law-abiding citizens,” the command stated.