Nigerian Police Recover Dec0mposing Bod!es Of Two ∆bducted Women In Anambra
Nigerian Police Recover Decomposing Bodies Of Two Abducted Women In Anambra
The bodies were discovered during a Friday evening search operation carried out by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, working alongside professional divers and local volunteers.
The Anambra State Police Command says two decomposing female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women allegedly kidnapped in the state have been recovered from the Omambala River in Anambra West Local Government Area.
The development was announced by Police spokesman, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, who confirmed the discovery in a statement issued on Saturday.
He said the recovery was part of intensified efforts to unravel the circumstances surrounding the alleged kidnapping.
The bodies were discovered during a Friday evening search operation carried out by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, working alongside professional divers and local volunteers.
Ikenga stated that the bodies had been deposited in a mortuary for further examination and investigative procedures.
The statement read in part, “The Anambra State Police Command wishes to update the public on the ongoing investigation into the alleged kidnapping of three Cameroonian women in the state.
“Recall that police investigators had earlier arrested two suspects: Nonso Augustine Akpeh ‘M’, 37 years old, and Kingsley Akpeh ‘M’, 44 years old, who are currently assisting operatives with vital information.
“In continuation of these efforts, on the evening of 28th November 2025, police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, working in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers, conducted an intensive search along the Omambala River in Anambra West Local Government Area.
“During the operation, the team recovered two (2) female decomposed bodies believed to be victims of the kidnapping incident. The operatives immediately contacted the family of the kidnapped victims, who positively identified the recovered bodies as his wife, Mrs. Bognou Alice and his niece Miss Sandra.
“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further examination and necessary investigative procedures.”
The Commissioner of Police, Ikioye Orutugu, according to Ikenga, extended his condolences to the family and ordered an intensified search for the remaining missing victim.
“The CP has also directed all units involved to strengthen operational activities aimed at apprehending the third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, who is currently on the run, to ensure he faces the full weight of the law.
“The Commissioner further reassures the public of the command’s unwavering commitment to protecting lives, maintaining security, and delivering justice,” the statement concluded.

